NJ E-ZPass is a new and revolutionary way to pay at the toll plaza.It allows drivers to pay at the toll collection booth quickly without any cash. E-ZPass is accepted in 17 states and users can pay with them with ease. They provide an electric tag that can be scanned by the toll booth collector and pay for the toll automatically. Read this article to further explore more about NJ E-ZPass and its benefits.
It’s an electronic toll collection system that allows drivers to pay for their toll without using any cash. Once the driver applied for their E-Zpass, the driver will receive an electronic tag or transponder, that tag will be scanned at the toll connection center and automatically deduct the toll amount. NJ E-ZPass saves time for drivers and toll booth collectors by making everything automated and faster.
To use this service, users need to sign up for E-ZPass from the website of their respective states. Read further to find out a detailed explanation of the E-Zpass sign-up process in New Jersey.
- Visit the official website at Ezpassnj.com
- On the home page find the signup button and click on it
- Now on the sign-up page users need to select between individual account and business account
- If you want a tag just for yourself, then go for an individual account. Check the box with terms and conditions to agree and click on enroll online
- After that users need to fill out a form, make sure to complete the form in under 15 minutes or else it will be refreshed
- Drivers need to provide the following information to sign up
- Contact name, first name, middle and last name, including title and suffix
- Mailing address, city, zip code
- Email address
- Cell phone number
- Landline or alternate number
- Check the box that reads “Yes, I’d like to receive text messages regarding changes to my account. Standard text message and data charges may apply from your wireless provider.”
- Now users need to select the method to receive a statement
- Then create a username, it must be 6 to 20 characters and contain at least 1 letter and 1 number
- Create a new password by following the instruction written on the side
- Select security questions and answer it
- Create 4 digit pin
- Once you complete that form, you need to provide information regarding your vehicle
- Enter your car status, regular, rental or lease
- License plate number
- Plate type
- Select how many transponders are required and type, interior or exterior
- In the end, set the payment method for your NJ E-ZPass
- Select banking method, add bank account or credit card number and set replenish amount
- Once you complete the form submit it and you will receive the confirmation by email
Users can access their E-ZPass online but before that, they need to register for an online account.
Register For Online Account
- Visit the official NJ E-ZPass portal and click on the login button and after that select register online option
- Now users need to provide some information to verify their account
- Enter your account or tag number and zip code
- After that follow the instructions to activate your first-time registration process
- Users don’t need to create a username or password as they already completed that information in the application process
Access NJ E-ZPass Login
- Visit the official NJ E-ZPass portal
- Click on login button
- Now enter your username or account number/tag number
- Then enter your password
- Check the security message and write it down
- After that click on the login button to access your account
If users forget their password or username, they can reset or recover it directly from the portal.
- On the home page, click on the login button and select “Forgot username /password?” option
- After that, users need to provide similar information for both username and password
- For password reset, enter your username or account number and zip code
- For username recovery, enter your account number or tag number and zip code
- Click on the submit button and they will send an email to your address
- For the password, they will send a password reset link and for the username, they will send the username
- Answer some security questions and reset your password
- In which states I can use NJ E-ZPass?
There are a total of 17 states that use the E-ZPass system. Drivers can pay their toll with a New jersey pass without any hassle. Visit the following link to find out more about states that allow E-ZPass.
- How to Pay for E-ZPass account usage?
Customers can set auto payment with a credit card, debit card, checking or saving account. If users want to pay by check, mail them at
NJ E-ZPass Customer Service Center
P.O. Box 4973 Trenton, NJ 08650.
What to do if my NJ E-ZPass tag is lost or stolen?
If your tag got stolen or lost, call directly at 1888-288-6865. Users can log in to their E-Zpass account and contact the customer service center too.
NJ E-ZPass allows drivers to pay for their toll without stopping or paying cash. With this tag, there would be no waiting periods or long lines at the toll booth. In this article, we have provided information about NJ E-ZPass sign up process, online registration and login procedure. If you have any questions regarding E-ZPass, ask us in the comment section.