If you’re confused about how to pay New Jersey Surcharge, then there is an online payment portal where you can easily make payment regarding your NJ Surcharge billing.
For those among who aren’t aware of the New Jersey surcharge online payment portal, then today we bring you a detailed article that explains everything about the New Jersey surcharge, New Jersey surcharge online payment, and all related information.
What is New Jersey Surcharge?
New Jersey surcharge refers to the fine that is imposed on drivers having a New Jersey driving license. The New Jersey surcharge fine is calculated based on the local New Jersey laws and is dependent on the excessive points as well as other driving-related offences that a particular person has been charged with.
How is New Jersey Surcharge Calculation Done [Why Am I Being Surcharged in New Jersey]?
Whenever negative offense points or other serious charges are added to your driving records, your driving profile is reviewed.
Some of the offences that are considered for negative points and charges that can add up to surcharge are listed below:
- Intoxicated driving.
- Driving without liability insurance.
- Driving even after getting your driver’s license suspended.
- If you’re driving without a valid license.
- Violations related to points.
If you accumulate 6 or more negative points within 3 years of your last registered driving violation, then you will be subjected to a $150 surcharge fee for each point that you accumulate over the 6th point.
The surcharge will be calculated on a per year basis and if you’re subjected to a surcharge, then you will have to pay the fine for the next 3 years.
For example, if your surcharge amount charged is $300, then you will have to pay $300 for the next three years. Thus, the total surcharge amount that you pay will be $900.
Below are some of the surcharges that you will incur depending on the violation in addition to the surcharge fee:
- Driving with an expired license or driving without a license: $100 per year for three years.
- Driving with a suspended driving license: $250 per year for three years.
- Failing to insure the MOPED: $100 per year for three years.
- Operating/Driving an Uninsured Vehicle: $250 per year for three years.
- First & Second Charge of DWI (Driving While Intoxicated): $1000 per year for three years.
- Third Charge of DWI(Driving While Intoxicated): $1500 per year for three years.
- Refusing to Take Blood Alcohol Concentration Test: $1000 per year for three years.
You can download the official New Jersey surcharge brochure by clicking here to get more information about the NJ surcharge.
What is the New Jersey Surcharge Online Pay Portal?
The New Jersey surcharge online payment portal allows people who are charged with the surcharge to pay their fines online without having to visit any establishment.
NJsurcharge.com is the official portal that lets you pay New Jersey surcharge fines online without any hassle.
One important point to remember while paying your NJ surcharge online via the www.njsurcharge.com website is that there will be an additional payment processing fee charged when you make NJ surcharge payment using the portal.
The additional processing fee will be added on top of your actual fine amount. The actual processing fee can vary between 2 percent and 3 percent of the actual fine amount, the variation will depend on the payment mode that you choose to proceed with the pay.
How to Pay New Jersey Surcharge Online via NJSurcharge.com?
If you are using the www.NJsurcharge.com web portal for the first time to pay the New Jersey surcharge fine, below we have listed out the steps you need to follow to successfully complete the online payment procedure.
- Visit the official NJsurcharge.com website by clicking here.
- Once the website loads up, you will need to access your profile in order to know the exact fine amount that you need to pay. To access your profile, you can enter either your driving license number, surcharge number, judgement number, installment payment plan number, or notice number in the text field that is provided on the website.
- You also need to select your Date of Birth to access your profile.
- After finishing the two above steps, click on the button labeled as “Submit” and your NJ surcharge payment information should come up on the screen.
- Once you verify the surcharge associated with your account, you can then proceed with the payment of the same. The payment can be done either using a debit card, credit card, or an online e-check as well.
And that is all. You have finished paying the NJ surcharge fine online. You will receive a receipt of your payment once you finish the transaction successfully. Do not forget to take a screenshot or save the receipt so that you can refer the same if required in the future.
What Are the Alternative Ways to Pay NJ Surcharge Fine?
The www.njsurcharge.com website is not the only way you can pay your New Jersey surcharge fine. Even though paying your NJ surcharge fine online is the easiest and most convenient way to make the payment, there are alternative ways to make the payment as well.
You can pay your NJ surcharge fine using a debit card or credit card through the telephone by dialing the toll-free number (844) 424-6829.
Another way to pay NJ surcharges is through Western Union. Visit the nearest Western Union agency location to you and pay by cash.
You can also make the NJ surcharge fine payment as a cheque or money order that is payable to NJSVS in the below address:
P.O. Box 1502
Moorestown, NJ 08057-9704.
You can also avail surcharge payment plans to make the bill payment, details about which can be accessed by calling the number (844) 424-6829.
We hope you found this article on New Jersey surcharge online payment informative and easy to read/understand.
If you have any queries about the NJ surcharge, NJ surcharge calculation, or NJ surcharge payment, feel free to connect with us by leaving a comment below and we will help you out.